
Got some XC skiing and Snow Shoeing in this weekend out at Wilderness Park. Originally I went out Snow Shoeing on Saturday and while it was fun, I could tell that the skiing would be awesome. There was way more snow than I thought we had and lots of people had already been out skiing. I boogied home after an hour of snow shoeing and grabbed my skis and went back out. I was little worried that my sore shoulder that I injured in a bike crash a couple weeks ago wouldn't work well enough to pole while skiing. Ended up OK and got another hr of skiing in that day.
Sunday I met Paul Chapman and Jana Vavara out there and we skied the length of Wilderness and back. Unfortunately by the time we turned around the snow had turned to slush because of the warm up and it made for a long trip back. Still, nothing like the glide on good snow while skiing. Makes me look forward to more snow.

1 comment:
Wow, I had no Idea there was that much snow in Lincoln. There has been zero snow in KC so far this year. Snow would be better than the cold rain we have been having. Rather be skiing than sitting inside.
Post a Comment