Monday, October 31, 2011

Platte

Pictured - Jared, Ben and Warren.


Wow - I think I did not ride at Platte River on the MTB trails at all this last year. WOW. How did that happen? When Jared C...Mr XTERRA BOLT said that he and Ben C. Mr Market to Market were going to ride up there on Saturday...I thought sure, but it will be cold won't it? Jeeezzzz what a woosee. So I buckled down and met them for a few laps around 9 am...well I was late of course so I met them on the trail. WOW. Super fun. I had forgotten two things - One how fun it was riding up there. The course was in great shape, even with a few leaves on the trail as expected this time of year and Two - what a great workout it is riding that trail.


After we got done riding, Ben and I topped it off with little trail run down to the West end of the park and dropped down Shit climb. Who remembers that Beast? Brian K and mentioned that he thought from the bottom there along the tracks it was a short jaunt to the Platte River Pedestrian bridge. Sure enough it was about 1/2 mile to the bridge. I suppose a guy could string a run from Platte to Schramm Park and back which is about another 2 miles beyond the bridge. Hmmmm.



Was a great ride and run on a beautiful fall day. Thanks for talking me into it Mr. BOLT.

No comments: