Monday, February 27, 2012

Smell that...

That's the smell of money.


This is the feed lot on Milford road, (238th) and O street, (Hwy 6 AKA - longest straight road in the US?) This feed lot was just a mom pop shop when I started riding 30+ years ago. Now it's full on stink. Feel sorry for the neighbors. I'll bet Milford which is 4 miles south can smell it on a strong North wind day. Looking at this doesn't make want a hamburger very bad.




Great ride today with Jay T. and Troy K. Except Jay had a gun and Troy and I had knives. Those guys turned in early and I decided to forge ahead against the NW wind toward Seward on Hwy 34. Took the left on 238th (Milford Hwy) and rolled to Milford for a water and a cookie at Casey's. Love the kid working there. He always gives us the updates on the other cyclists that have made their way to Milford that day. Appearently three others had ventured out that morning. Guessing...Ron N. Bruce Curran and S Kiddoo? Let me know if you read this.




Got the tail wind home and took Sunrise road...love this road, then over to Denton Road, then 210th going South...NEW Favorite road! and in on Yankee Hill. Followed another cyclist track on Yankee Hill. Kind of feel like a tracker when I run into bike tracks on the dirt around town. Always try to guess who it was in front of me.




See you or your track on the road...




No comments: