Monday, April 23, 2012

Mur de Schramm


I got the opportunity to ride to Omaha on Saturday. Millard West High school to be exact for Abigail's Freshman only track meet. She did great. 2nd in the two mile and 2nd in the mile. Two different girls beat her in each. The bummer is she broke the 2 mile meet record, but got 2nd. Tough lesson in life. Still set a new PR for her so that's a positive outcome.
I took the opportunity to ride up to the meet. I Love when it works out that I can go Northeast from Lincoln and get up by the Platte River area. Even better when I get a tailwind all the way. It's an excuse to ride Mo-Pac, a little gravel and see the Platte river and bluffs around the river.


Great Plains Cycling had a big tour going on...they must have ridden down into Southbend and back. Felt bad as I saw them hammering into the wind as I was crusing with the wind behind me.


When I get down on Hwy 31 and go by Schramm Park I always do the park paved loop in there...was thinking about it Saturday with all the Spring Pro classics and Mur de Hoy - that the Mur de Schramm is the closest thing to a "wall" we have around here without getting off road. By my calculation it's a 9.4% total climb with some steep pitches in there. Basically you go up 128 feet in a quarter mile. Someone else can check my math. I've always thought this would be a cruel addition to a road race down by the river if you could figure out a loop. (was thinking that you could use that Hwy 31 to Buffalo road, do gravel back on 204th and throw in that Mur de Schramm and have yourself a killer 6 mile loop?
>

Would be cool to go to Platteview road, or even take Buffalo road over to Hwy 50, but that'll never happen on that busy hwy.
Food for thought and congrats to all that did the Psycowpath races this last Saturday.

No comments: