Its been way too long since my last post. Lots of things going on in my mind...Like when you check into a motel and the clerk licking his greasy chicken eating fingers says "Are you sure? Do you want to check out the room first?"
Or a Dr. says, "We may never figure it out."
Are these statements that should make you back away quickly? It's always nice when things are black and white. Of course that's not always the case. The Motel room was terrible but we had no choice based on time of day and location. The shower spewed Iron from the well...reeked of sulphur - the sheets were suspect at best. We suffered through it and actually had a good time although, we spent as little time in the room as possible. I guess that's what you should do on vacation.
The Dr. thing...still a work in progress. Learning way more about Sjogrens then a person should have too...It's weird enough with varying symptoms that is seems like no one is an expert. Frustrating.
Speaking of Black and White. The Downtown streets in Lincoln are being resurfaced and Yesterday there was a Lincoln-Lancaster Planning commission meeting regarding building Downtown Lincoln into a more bike Friendly place to ride and commute. Thanks to Elisabeth Reinkordt for stepping up... Article below
http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/bicyclists-line-up-in-support-of-downtown-plan/article_f0125be6-d8b2-52f2-acf1-e013bfdebdcc.html
I have to admit that the talk of dedicated bike lanes is nice...I do use them as I roll around downtown. I will also say that along with this, cyclists need to adhere to the rules of the road, stopping at stop signs and traffic lights and moving through traffic safely according to the laws of the road. Motorists need to be cognisant that Cyclists do have a right to ride on the same roads and need to share.
That said...All I can think about is how fun a Criterium would be back on these nice smooth Downtown roads.
Tour Divide 2016
9 years ago


1 comment:
I just love new asphalt.
With regards to the bike lanes...I have to thank Grindcore for adjusting my mindset towards the proposed lane on N st that would be separated from traffic. At first I didn't think something like that was needed, but then she asked me to think about recreational cyclists pulling their kids in burleys. I hadn't really considered that group, but I bet if there were a protected lane from the antelope valley trail to downtown, we'd see many more recreational cyclists toodling downtown for events and maybe even for work.
Post a Comment