Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bad Habit

OK, so it's not all that bad of a habit, but for the last month of Sundays I've been riding to Beatrice and using the Homestead trail.  I know, I can't stop talking about it.  It's just that bitchin.  I rode down there again this last Sunday with a big ride plan to do the Filley Loop after getting to Beatrice.  Plan was to tuck out that stiff South wind as much as possible using the trail and then hang a lefty at Beatrice and head to Filley, Adams, Bennett and home on hwy 2 for a bit under a hundy.  JT did me the honor of meeting me on Hwy 43 and ramping it up a little so I could really torch and flog myself.

Greener Pastures -  Where's Ferdinand?
 

Rough and Ready and a Little soft after the 2+ inches of rain we got the night before.


Anyway, like I said I love this trail...I did stay on Hwy 77 1/2 way until Cortland and then jumped on rode the rest of the way to Beatrice on the trail.  The newest section between Cortland and Pickrell is the best.  After Pickrell they skimped on the crushed limestone and got a larger aggregate.  This makes the last 7-8 miles into Beatrice a bit of a struggle on the road bike - But doable.  Definitely creates that little bit extra resistance while is fights with you pushing against it. 

There could be worse Habits?

No comments: