Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Huskerville and Novartis


Wow - busy weekend. With the Novartis 10K and 2 mi and the UNL cycling teams race weekend I was busy busy busy.


First up, DS, Abigail and I did the Novartis run. The weather was darn close to perfect for running the engine hot with overcast skys and cool 50 degree temps. DS 11th, Me 18th, and Abigail winning the women's 2 mi. Way to go girl...chip off her mom's block with the competitiveness.


Later in the day went and did the tour de husker tractor test track race. I thought it was a hoot. the finish ended up a little goofy with some officiating going on in the last few laps that probably could have waited until after the race which forced into an extra lap. But by the time we figured it out I was shot and ended up 6th. TP who I talked into racing...and I feel really bad...ended up having some bad mojo and crashed in the tight turn of turn one. Once the guys figured out that it was better to use the skirt/ bank and then come across the top, things flowed much better. I really thought it was fun and I think TK would second that motion. Limpach pulled off the win and again who along with Spence should have gotten the most aggressive riders award.


On Sunday, met Jay T and TK out for the TTT at Pioneers, stage two of tour de Husker. I was fried from Saturdays races. JT and TK kept dropping me in warm up. But once we got going and those guys burned off their top end I was able to take some pulls and help out. We ended up 2nd in was turned out to be another great event.


South West high Sunday Eve was the venue for the last stage of Tour de Husker and was extra tough for me. Jarred B. showed up with some guys that didn't race the day before and the fireworks began from the gun. Jarred showed his moxie and started unloading from the gun...much to my chagrin. Jarred ended up winning in solo style. I got dropped right way...knew I should have warmed up better but was so sore. Things still worked out ok...Jay T doing well, me bring up 7th and TK finishing up some speed work on top of some incredible long miles he's gotten in this spring.


Special shout out to Aaron P. for a pretty big RR win in Hermann this weekend - And Sydney for winning the Omnium down there.

No comments: