Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Bridges


Thanks guys - I needed that...practice I mean.

Yes the Criterium practice went off last night as scheduled. The course at the Bridges development just south of Denton Road on SW 27th was in great shape. We had 7 total? Including Kim and Janna...Both who know that the best way to get better at Criterium racing is to practice cornering skillllzzzzzz.

Now there are folks out there that think you can't practice without a permit. Humbug. Yes you can...it's no different than a training ride with a purpose.
I hope this entices some others to show up next week on Tuesday night 6:00pm. Or maybe you're to caught up in your interval training. Don't worry, we'll do something structured and regroup after each predetermined session. Oh ya guys - they get 60 A group riders in the KC Tuesday night training crit. It must mean something.
The guys in the above picture didn't worry about wattage when this picture was taken...and I can guarantee that they were and still are real fast. Guess who the guy in the middle is (easy one)...Bonus if you know the other two.


4 comments:

JT said...

Hugh and Walton and Tilford

How do i get to my old stuff said...

Over here?
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=40.738088,-96.757836&spn=0.009154,0.019312&t=h&z=16

Coach said...

JT, The picture header gives it away. Hugh walton is one person.

Syd. Yep only that was pre-development. There are actually ponds and roads in there now... West of SW 27th.

JT said...

Dam!! I cant even be a sneak.