Monday, June 15, 2009

Ozark Mtn Dare Devil



Jeff H and I went down to Eureka Springs AR for a hootin good time XTERRA. ( Off road Triathlon) It was 1/2 mile swim, 13mi and change MTB and 5 mile run. Topo of the course included some longish 300 foot climbs that included switchbacks, rocks and tricky wet slick rock that did lap around Lake Leatherwood where the race Venue took place. The run used 5 miles of the MTB course and was tough, tough, tough with that much climbing. My legs are still sore. Those folks have a nice trail that handles water really well because of the rocky bed.
Had a tire malfunction 2.5 miles into the bike section that I should have probably caught before the race...Tubeless set up, and the tire sealant was all coagulated...didn't do it's job. 5 minute tire change and some choice words. Good idea to check the Stan's if you haven't done so in a while.

Still was a great event and a great time. Jeff had a great swim, which was kind of embarrassing because he doesn't swim at all and I get in the water 3 times a week. I'm obviously not a fish.


Results;
http://onlineraceresults.com/event/view_event.php?event_id=3701

Hollow that served as transition looking towards lake.


Jeff after a tough day at the office.

Mad Max on the drive home. Where's Mel Gibson? Ultimate off road, creek crossing, rock roving machine?





No comments: