Friday, October 23, 2009

Da heat...nothing but da heat- Maui Hawaii XTERRA worlds

XTERRA Worlds Maui Hawaii. That was probably one of the hardest races I've done in a while. It wasn't the speed...its the heat that kills ya. You get up on the Volcano and the sun just melts your core. Suffice it to say the I had to put it into survival mode on the run. Not proud of the run at all...lots of walking, with chills down the neck..you know the kind that your body is one note away from a full chorus of shut down. I think it's just been too long since we've had hot weather and it's just amplified here. Anyway- 23rd age group out of 47 I think - way down on the overall about 1/2 way 550 total. I guess it is worlds. Swim and bike was OK. More later. Aloha.

Swim Site.


On a up Note...Saturday Noah ran another good 5K here part of XTERRA races...getting 4th overall and 1st age group out of 255 runners. Even at this run it was hot.






her

No comments: