One thing over the years I've learned is experience speaks volumes in dealing with ski conditions...Just like any sport really...practice...practice...practice helps you prepare for circumstances which are beyond your control. With Skiing you take you best shot at what you think the ski conditions will be like based on empirical data...In theory you know what you should expect, but really it comes down to have you experienced the conditions before and how do you prep the skis to get the most out of them. It was one of those nights. Warm snow changing to ice as the temps dropped. Lots of double pole gliding with some kick. IF we had the luxury of a groomed track untainted by human and animal intervention...it would have been rocket fast, WITH tentative corners. I expect tomorrow mornings conditions for Jim Craigs - Angry Cow adventures Ski and Snow shoe stomp to be Comparable.
http://www.angrycowadventures.com/angry/
Not sure I'll make it, Jr high boys Basketball games start tomorrow morning. Have fun if you go.
Christian Davenport went skiing with us last weekend...it was good to see him. He made a comment regarding some X Country ski racing he saw...It looks kind of like criterium racing. I hadn't thought about it like that, but you know that is kind of what it feels like when we get the ski train going in Wilderness. Wilderness has lots of turns and when you get going good tips to tails with the guys in front and behind you, throwing in the constant turns you do kind of get that feeling of riding a wheel through a turn.
This Pic from Capitol City Stage race - 83 David Cech - Lincoln Boy up front - Future National TT champ in Yellow Nathan Schaffer

3 comments:
dude to lookers right of him looks a bit like k.wilkins
In the White and blue with Mustache? I think his name was Stan Blanton. He was from Texas.
Yep, that is Stan. Just moved to Lincoln from Lubbock Texas where I worked for Betty Blanton (Stan's wife).
I enjoy your blog.
I believe I have skied with you once out at Wilderness earlier this year.
Cheers
Jordan
Post a Comment