This weekends weather continued to play havoc with our athletic events. Today - Noah, Abigail and I lined up for the Cornhusker state games triathlon. Noah and I in the sprint distance event and Abigail doing the kids tri...but it was not to be. Lightning and time restrictions would alter the Sprint distance triathlon into a duathlon. And Abigail's Triathlon would be reduced to a 1k run.
After a 1hr delay the event got underway with a mass start of the 1.5 mile first run. Noah would beat me to the transition, but dad got the better of him as we headed out for the bike.
Not a great bike TT for me - could not get it going and struggled to maintain speed into the East head wind and on the roller hills today. Maybe it's my terrible position? The course remained wet and I was a scrubbing a lot of speed through all the corners. I did not pick up anyone after the 2nd lap in the lead group and came into T2 with 8th place going into the last run.
For the last run we did the 1st run backwards. Ended up 8th place, 1st age group. After finishing I turned around and thought I'd run back out to see where Noah was...As I started up the road, not more than 100-150 yds up the road, I saw Ben Cahoon coming down the finishing straight...I started yelling Ben goooooo...there's someone closing in on you...upon closer inspection, it was Noah.

Holy cow, both those guys battled the whole bike with Ben getting the better of Noah on the last run. But wow, Noah had a great bike and I'm totally impressed. IN fact, Noah had a better 1st and 2nd run than I did...Pretty close to the old man dad and I'm OK with it. Man if there had been a swim, I wonder if he would have beat me? I think results show him a little less than two minutes down from me taking first in his age group and 10th overall.

Tom Woods 2nd


Holy cow, both those guys battled the whole bike with Ben getting the better of Noah on the last run. But wow, Noah had a great bike and I'm totally impressed. IN fact, Noah had a better 1st and 2nd run than I did...Pretty close to the old man dad and I'm OK with it. Man if there had been a swim, I wonder if he would have beat me? I think results show him a little less than two minutes down from me taking first in his age group and 10th overall.
Scott Bredehoft would take 1st, Smoking the field...
Tom Woods 2nd
Abigail did great on the run taking the lead for a bit and fading to 2nd overall at the end of the race. Good job.
To finish up the day the kids had the State games swim meet at Wood pool too. It was a disaster with the storms rolling though all day. I think they only got a hand full of heats off in between the thunder and lightening. This last picture of the Woods tower is for nostalgia - David Cech. Ah the memories of being a kid and hanging at Woods during the summer. How many Lincolnites have done that?

1 comment:
Noah rocked it. I told him after the race that was the last time I would probably beat him. With the swim he would have taken me by a good 2 minutes. A fun race even though we didn't get to swim. I was racing against a 58 year old, 14 year old, and a 27 year old. I think all races should require your age on your back left leg.
-Ben
Post a Comment