
Alas, the last Tuesday night Jazz in June session was last night @ UNL campus. What a great deal and Free! Only got there twice this year, mostly because of our Tuesday Night crit series keeps me busy until at least 7:30 and by the time I get home get changed I'm running out of daylight. Most of the time I'm toasted from crit practice and the afternoon track workout to boot. Throw in a little kid shuttle service from swim team and ...well you get the idea - out of time.
Last night though, we got done with our crit session...which my the way...Corey Godfrey showed up, good to see him back out after his spring gravel road campaign and Dirty Kanza V. Corey and Troy and the rest of the crew have been tearing up the circuit.
So after I picked Noah up from Swim team @ 8:00 we picked up some dinner and got over to check out the last few songs of the Jerry Hahn band. http://www.jazzinjune.com/artists/june29.php
They were great...As I was sitting there enjoying the ambiance I was thinking about how Jazz takes so many forms, and that sometimes the artists will be playing together, but not really sounding like they are playing together or they will trade off into a solo that becomes sort of a controlled Chaos. (not KAOS) But they are still working together for the greater good...the sound and vibe that comes from the group effort.
Yeah...that's kind of bike racing too...controlled chaos...the art of a mass of riders all with their own agenda and rhythm working towards the greater goal making beautiful music together.

2 comments:
beautiful post brining jazz and cycling together, and now I'm sad to have missed that concert. Beste, and enjoy the rest of the summer!
Post a Comment