Monday, November 15, 2010

Swim Season -

As is typical for this time of year I make a pledge to myself to spend more time in the pool trying to eake out that extra bit of speed needed to be successful in Triathlons. Mind you I enjoy swimming, but don't love it. It's hard to love something that I can't do with the same zeal as fortitude as I can running or riding my bike. I spend too much time thinking about why can't I go as fast I should be able too??? Not to name drop of anything, but Pablo Morales, the UNL Women's swim coach and Olympic medalist, swims where I do at lunch as does one of ex swimmers, Liz. I try not to, but I'll pop the occasional swim question on them when I get a chance and have their attention. They are always very nice, but really the answer is the same as I give to someone who asks about how to get faster on the bike...

"You just need to swim." Or Bike or Run. You have to start somewhere...right?

So, I know I need to swim, but are there other things? I've found this web site that has some instructional videos which helps me visualize what I need to work on.

Goswim.tv

Here in this video I'm reminded of how tight my shoulders, ankles and feet are...damn arthritis.

High school swim team tryouts start today. Go Silver Hawks swim team!

No comments: