
Took a long weekend since the kids were out of school on Friday and we had a holiday day on Monday.
Friday after Swim team practice for Noah we went and got his Learners permit. Yep he passed. We stopped at Pioneers park for him to attempt his first drive. He did just fine except he's a little stiff when it comes to turning. Hopefully he'll relax a little and get it figured out.
On Saturday, I couldn't get up early enough to meet my running buds at 6:00am so I went later by myself. Managed to struggle through 16 miles in the cold temps and north wind. Ran into my old Friend TJ who was also out for a run and is now on the Lincoln Police force. Poor TJ got an earful regarding some 4 wheelers tearing it up at Wilderness Park. Yep, they managed to completely tear up our sweet ski track we had going on the Hiker side of the park. The 4 wheelers had the balls to go out during the afternoon on Friday and do a couple laps on the trails. Keep in mind this is a non-motorized vehicular traffic area. Not sure if anyone has since contacted the Parks department...but I did call dispatch and spoke to a Sheriff's deputy after I got back from attempting a quick ski on Friday eve...Our friend Cornbread Corey also called and caught those guys red handed on the abandoned tracks bridge in Wilderness sitting on their 4 wheelers. The Sheriff Deputy dumped the call on LPD...hence my ranting to TJ. Corey's got a lot of good pictures on his blog check it out. TJ thought if we could help them nail down where the 4 wheelers are coming from they would be more readily to follow up, they might not have the man power to sleuth this one out. So if you have any information pass it along to me or Corey. This has been going on for years now, not just during the winter but also the summer too. I suspect it's the same people...but who knows. It's so frustrating when they ruin the ski tracks. Just can't fathom their stupidity.

Saturday night the family did the YiaYia's pizza thing. I didn't remember the KC sprint deal until we saw Mark Anderson picking up a pizza and heading back for the sprint fest. Of course when the kids heard about it, it was game on...grudge match between the two. Noah took it, but not by much and Abbi did have her uggs on which can't be easy to spin. We left before people started taking clothes off...

Sunday Chapman and I did manage to ski from south 14th going North on the Bike/Horse trail was actually pretty good and although the 4 wheelers did hit a few of the intersections they missed this combination of trails. It was pretty fast.
With Monday being a holiday and a heat wave, Chapman and I got a little MTB ride on gravel. Felt like I was riding in quick sand. I guess that's what happens when you don't ride your bike. Still it was nice to get out in the country and the gravel was in good shape. Looks like the rest of the week is going to be cold...good news is we are in the path for a predicted 4-5 inches of snow. Should be able to ski some more this week.

No comments:
Post a Comment