Tuesday, January 11, 2011

XC ski


Well we were finally in the snow path receiving officially 6.7 inches of new light fluffy snow. Today, the day after the storm, we are looking at frigid temps - high of 11 with -20 wind chill. So scary they even cancelled public and University of Nebraska classes.


Kind of mixed feelings on all this snow because I'm getting deep into Winter running mode and thinking ahead to the Lincoln Marathon on May 1st this year. The organizers have set the registration limit for the marathon / half marathon to 10,000 people this year. While originally I really wasn't planning on doing the full marathon this year, the appeal of racing a very large road race in my home town makes it too appetizing. It makes it all the more difficult to fit long runs and long ski sessions in during an already busy workout schedule...plus darn it I've got another cold going and I'm just not feeling it.


But last night after I got home from work I couldn't resist getting the skis out. The allure of floating on top of the snow is just to tasty. So off I went down to Wilderness Park to get an hr in before dinner. Much to my surprise, lots of peeps had already been out during the day and there was a well broken in trail. THANK you who ever you are.

Not sure If I'll get out today, at lunch I have 3 x 2 mile repeats @ LT which usually beats me up pretty good, but who knows maybe a little ski action will sound good tonight too. Lord knows when the table is set you got to eat. Especially when you live here in Nebraskaski.



See you on the trails.

No comments: