Saturday, January 10, 2009

Beauty Day - Eh



It's been a busy week. Spending more time in the pool trying to get that glide down, and ramping up the running too adding in some speed work with the my running crew. DS has me half talked into the Marathon again this year. It's not like I hadn't been thinking about it. I qualified for Boston last year but have kind of blown it off just because I'm worried about the body not being able to hold up. But it's a challenge...Thought I'd actually get a few 20 milers under this training program and see how I'm holding up before pulling the trigger. Today marks weekend two and calls for 10 miler...Done, just got back. Always hard after a ride...but I guess that's good tri training pulling off the brick.

After the little clipper snow storm last night the Lincoln Paths are snow covered in spots as is Wilderness...but that makes for fun riding when there isn't a ice shell underneath the cover.




By the time I got out to meet PC for a ride the RockIsland already looked like a herd of runners had made there way out south and back. No doubt it's the YMCA Marathon class getting their miles in for the marathon. Usually Parks and rec has the trails cleared. Not today...wonder why?



PC and I battled the chilly 16 degree temps, but sunshine made it very tolerable with hand and feet warmers. By the time we hit Wilderness @ 9:30ish we had missed the early morning crew from D'st - but they left us a nice packed track in the trough. Very Nice. 2+ hrs of snowy goodness.

This pic below is from Tuesday night ride. Sometimes we'll just put a light on and do some bike path training. Sunset is getting later and this site has significance...more later






2 comments:

TP said...

Looks like a good place for a bike shop........ Am I warm?

Coach said...

Maybe...