This wall mural below is in the basement of the State office building downtown. I kind of like it. They must have salvaged it from the location it was done originally because you can tell they moved the wall board to this location. I assume it was on a wall somewhere in Central office or one of the local state office buildings (haven't seen the history) and they needed to remove it for construction and rather then destroy it, they were able to pull it off the wall and move it to the Basement of Central office for display. I think it's nicely done Cubist style. (Not an art major, that's my guess as to style. TK?) The reason I added picture was the Journal Star coverage of the Mural done at a Henderson school - front page controversy yesterday regarding the destruction of the mural and what to do with it. Granted that Mural isn't quite as appealing as this one they salvaged below. But historically it might be worth trying to pull off some sort of salvage. Since it was done directly on the wall, it maybe hard to pull off. Reminds me the nice painting work that was done @ Lincoln Bike Co. that got destroyed. Kind of hard to see that stuff go.
I'm sure many of you got out and enjoyed the weather break yesterday. Got off work a little early myself and set out to get a couple hours in the saddle on the road bike...ran into Pool Boy as I crossed Hwy 2 bridge on the path and he went back out with me. Turns out he was out riding since 10:00am...it was 4:15pm when we started back out. Got home around 6:45pm...that's a long day. I'm a little jealous. We had a great ride.


No comments:
Post a Comment