
We had a little family miscalculation last night...The plan was for Noah to go to a Swim meeting in Papillion with a friend, while Jen, Abbi, and I went out to do the Animal Run in Hickman NE. What we forgot is that Noah's buddy Griff, is 12...In swimming the age group switches from 11-12 to 13 and up depending on how big is the meet. We are still learning the ins and outs of Swimming. So plans changed last evening when our issue came to light...Noah swam in the morning, Griff, Noah's friend swam in the afternoon. Plan B.
Jan sacrificed defending her 2mi winners crown to take Noah to the Swim meet, while Abbi and I went to Hickman.
What a glorious day for early Feb. This race has been going on for 27 years I think I heard them say, and this year they got 360+ out to do the race, proceeds for a good cause, the Norris TeamMates and new organization. Not sure what they do...hopefully this will get them on their way.
Brett D and Ryan from our running group....Abs, Brett's daughter and I lined up. Also saw Janna, Rose, Aaron out doing some cross training.
Brett scored a 2nd place in the two mile...has a hampered hamstring...seems to be going around with our running group. I didn't get to see Ryan after the run, but I think he was 4th? He was up there at the turn around...I was just to cooked to say hi.
Abigail defended Jen's title by winning the 2 mile women's race in 13:57...pretty psyched for her. Her friend Hanna was 4th and Brett's daughter brought in 5th I think. We got us some good young girl runners.
I had a good start out with Jason...last name I have to look up...I went through the 1 mi right on his tail, unfortunately, at about the 2mi point he was just rolling down the hills better than I...I sat up to see who'd bridge up. One of Ann's girls form the Running Co came up. As we went around the 2.5 mile turn around she starting gaping me. I managed to dig and get in her draft. That girl pulled me into the headwind...I've got no respect...I'll I know is that girl has some fly. I think her name is Gina. Have to check for sure. We turned to head back downtown of the hiWay there in Hickman and she was starting to get tired, so I pulled through and rolled it to the finish with her on my wheel. I feel a bit bad that I passed her her at the end...hopefully she's not bummed on me...She still won the womens and came in 3rd overall, me second to Jason.
That was the fastest I've run to date for that distance... Probably owe that to Gina for keeping the pace up. Well her and the guys at the DT Y. If I didn't say that Weiskamp would give me crap, its true though.
Here's a pic of the 2 mile winners group. Ab's first women, Brett 2nd man. TJ H won the 2mi...and like always gone with the wind after...

No comments:
Post a Comment