Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wilderness - Oh pretty good



This is the time of year between the Spring rains and the Winter thaw that allow us to get out and use Wilderness park. It has dried up and the trails are all groomed in near perfect condition. Last weekend Angry Cow Adventures put on a trail run to benefit getting the bridges replaced in the park. FriendsofWilderness.com a Not for profit org is/ was also involved. These guys are being instrumental in maintenance of the park. I see some signs where they doing weekly walks out there that are posted in a few places. Maybe a group should do weekly rides?







My daughter and I got out for a loop last night. The trails were great...If you look closely, you can see CVO and a buddy of his coming at us...sure would be nice to have a directional loop out there for safety reasons. I'll bet many of the readers (if there are any) have either had a head on crash or no someone who has...I know I have. Right now not such a big deal, but when the spring foliage starts filling in it gets dangerous. BTW - Abbi was riding great.

Enjoy the day today. Sounds like we are heading back into the cold for a while.

No comments: