
The wind finally broke. It's been blazing windy and cold here for the last few days. Yesterday (Sat) I managed a short ride in Wilderness protected by the trees out of the 20 mph chilly wind. Think wind chill was down there around 25 ish...brrrrrr.
Noah had a Intramural Basketball game in the morning against Lefler jr high...they won with a score of 13...Pretty fun. He had a couple of baskets.
Sunday promised to be much nicer out and got the call from PC @ 8:3oam they were leaving at 9:30...it was still 24 degrees...I guess it's that time of year. BK, JR, PC and I meandered out BO way via Kawaskaki - NW 27th. BK and JR turned around about Raymond and came back in...PC and I hooked up with Darin S - and pressed on to Branched Oak. We rode a couple of laps on the trails out there...every climb felt huge with 25 miles in the legs already trying to keep up with those guys- the trails were good though.
It did warm up to 40 I think by the time I got home @ 2:30.
When I got home the kids were out with Gpa's raking leaves at his house so I took Tango out to Yankee Hill lake to see if we could scare up any birds. He needed to get out and run....It is so innate to the dogs nature to get out and use his nose - run and hunt...He loves it and it was such a nice evening for a walk in the fields.
Wonder how the guys did in Leavenworth?
Thus ends another weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow, but Tuesday is Veterans Day...Maybe a good day to a triathlon?

No comments:
Post a Comment