Hope everyone found something to be thankful for. All and all a pretty good day for me and the Family as we gathered at the in-laws for some good food and relaxation....followed by the New Bond movie.I did manage to get a quick ride through Wilderness yesterday Morning. Go figure huh? The trail was in excellent condition right now so I take advantage of it all the time...especially since I live so close. My back is still messed up but I could actually ride better than walk on a moderate level.
Missed the money camera shot three times so I had to settle for the above shot. This is the most over shot scene in Wilderness...the creak crossing. You know why this is right? Because your having so much fun riding fast and railing the corners to take your hands off the handlebars and and try to take a picture. I've tried one handing it, kind of scary especially with thick gloves. Need a better camera for that. Have seen some pretty good helmet cam videos though the park featured on the Folks From Lincoln blog site. Anyway three times I came around a corner out there and a Turkey was running up the trail, then it would ditch off the trail into the grass canvas - gone. There is lots of Turkeys out there...flocks even...Sometimes we've flushed whole flocks in the air. What a sight to behold as the behemoths take to the air hitting the trees. Would have been the sweet shot considering it was Thanksgiving day. O well.
Aside from the Turkeys Also saw PC, MG and MW...go figure too huh? I'm sure everyone was burning some Calories before overindulging on the big dinner

Today though what a nice day again - 50 degrees. Hooked up With PC, Anderhammer, JR and did the Wilderness out again. So Fast! Back feels a bit better...still a hitch in the giddy up. Anyway we boogied out South to Saltillo, JR bailed to get home, and Anderhammer, PC and I Ventured out the Jamaica...Man. Out to Stage Coach Rd. and West. Back in on SW something?...Then caught Rokeby Rd..Unmaintained road. Would love to figure out how to string all of them together around Lincoln, Cause;
Happiness is an unmaintained road on a ride with friends...
Some of the crew heading to Iowa City for Jingle Cross. Be Safe and Good luck to them. They'll Kick Arse no doubt. Speaking of Iowa City...Found some old results from Quad Cities...Jason McCartney won the Jrs and Cat 3 race. Saw Jason waste the Cat 2 field in Iowa City Old Capitol crit. Lapped the field twice...Good Memories of Old Capitol and Iowa city. Have fun guys!

No comments:
Post a Comment