Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The wrong thing, but feels so right

So this weekend I had wishy warshy plans to go to quad cities to the race bikes. But then, I went out with a good group of friends on Saturday and did a longish Pickerell ride...which by the way the National weather service had the wind direction all wrong...so we got cross wind all day except for the cross tail wind out. That is paying your dues.

So then I went to a friends house and played music until kinda late for old farts. That sealed the fate, there was no getting up to go to race. But we did sound good though.

So I caught a few extra ZZZZs and did a semi solo hundy. Went Syracuse, hwy 50, Louisville, Platte river road, truck stop, hwy 6. I love East, North East winds. Love riding that direction and down by the Platte river. Lots of people playing on Canoes and fishing in the Platte. Jeff Hansen met me on the way in hwy 6 which sure helped cause I was doggin it on the way home. Yesterday, took it real easy...the kids and I spun out to the Bennett turn and back in...just what the Dr ordered for tired legs.
So doing two long slow twitch rides is probably not going to help in the Biketacular race in Lincoln this weekend. Oh well - felt like I accomplished something.

No comments: