Monday, June 6, 2011

Old and Old Part Two ReDo






Went to the Havelock run on Saturday and watched the rest of my family run, Noah and Abigail did the 3k and Jen did the 10k. They all killed it. Was weird not racing, but had a great time running around the bottom of the course and cheering folks on. It looked HOT. Traditionally Havelock is always the first really hot race of summer...Havelock and Eureka Springs XTERRA. Brutal. It does take two weeks to acclimatized...at least that's what they say.



After, we swung by the Optimist Swap meet to check out the stuff and pick up a pair of road shoes from MA for Noah. Abigail was checking out all the cruisers...Noah has been riding an old Schwinn Three speed as a commuter and we have an old Schwinn cruiser that Abigail could use, but she doesn't like it. So she picked out a Free Spirit 3 speed there at the swap meet and rode it around a little. I wasn't crazy about another bike in the garage so I kind of sidestepped the issue. My buddy Doug was also there and caught wind of Abigail's desire and offered up this Old AMF branded/ Hercules.







Pretty sweet and fits her good. I went through and replaced cables on the brakes and the Three Speed twist shifter. I forgot about twist grip Sturmey Archer shifters. Doesn't work too bad. Old is new... Does Sturmey Archer know that SRAM used their old twist grip technology?


Have a decision to make...Do I go to Eureka Springs and try to do a Triathlon? Still pretty tender running. Have to see how the Track goes tomorrow.

Have a good week.

No comments: