
Anyway, I did manage to string 3 pretty good rides over the long weekend. Anyone know where the above picture is from?
This shop is full of Juke boxes. Beautiful. Managed to get out Monday with the Magnolias ( my wife's friends that include Beth Thacker and her husband Dan, Kristi Newcomb and her husband Toffer and about 10 other folks including our kids. Was a good time except it was Super windy...Ya like 30mph plus sand blaster wind...wind. We managed to make it just to the outskirts of town and were thinking this was going to be a terrible ride...what can we do to salvage? - when we decided to use the Jamaica trail. It was awesome. So much wind block that the group made it about 20 miles out. Not bad. The folks turned it back in and just flew home. As the group turned back I ran into my old friend Randy Gibson, also making use of the Jamaica and did some catching up with him. By the time I got going I was solo so made my way out a bit further to do some cross wind action and then enjoy a nice long big gear jamn back home. 53 x ll spinning out down some of the hills. Ah spring time in Nebraska.
Tuesday came up fast and we continue to get a good turn out for our Tuesday night at the Bridges crit practice. We've been doing 5 lap sessions and these seem to work out well because each one is like a mini race and we regroup for one easy lap between. Last night we did 3 X 5 Lappers and 1 X 3 lap. Good turn last night out I counted 15 people. I encourage folks to show up. These are good for you.

And this...the more things change, the more they stay the same. This bike was in the bike rack at the State office building when I parked my bike this morning. I'd forgotten that Huffy was doing disk brakes quite a while ago. Reminds me that Ian Robertson has been running Rotor Rings and that Steve Tilford ran BioPace rings on regular basis way back. At least I can remember him racing on them. Wonder what he thinks of the new Rotor rings? I know the shape is different. Ian and I have discussed that if you rotate the old BioPace rings one spider arm it lines up closer to what the current Rotor ring design is. Looks like lots of pros are running them now. I might have to mess with that on my TT bike. I have got a couple Biopace rings I've gotten off of old cranks from bikes I've inherited.

Good luck to all the Dirty Kanza folks going to do battle with each other and the Flint Hills this weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment