
It happens
deep inside
chemical Imbalance
Chemical balance
Perfect Balance
plan it
only hope
Goose bumps
tingly neck
Special moment
Epiphany
Rising up
always chasing
Never lasts
long enough
Primal
Hear it
Feel it
Again
Pretty good weekend. Noah and I went to Plattsmouth on Saturday to do a Sprint triathlon on a whim after I had a good run finally on Thursday. Actually felt like I could sustain a good tempo for a while - A sensation I had not had since a Month before the Lincoln Marathon in March and the hernia flared up. Now 4 plus weeks into recover from Hernia surgery I'm at least feeling like I can do a little speed work. A last minute decision, had Noah and I registered to do the Plattsmouth Tri.
Was a gas doing a Triathlon again, it had been a while, and I had never done a Snake Swim in the pool before so that was actually kind of nice. 300 yd swim, 13 mile bike, and 5 K run. The Bike and run were tough if you can picture how hilly it is along the Missouri river there in Plattsmouth. Feel for these folks as they prepare for flooding, but they seemed to be taking it in stride and it did not put a dent in the course nor participation and competition at all. Some Lincoln Folks did good, Jeff Larson pulled off his age group win as did Mary Amen, winning the Women's Elite, and Noah won his respective age group.
Technically I got second in my age group. The Winner Jim Rogers smoked it for the overall and happened to also be 48 - same age group. Hats off to him for his performance that day. Since he won the overall, and they don't duplicate awards, I slotted into 1st in the age group. I'll take it considering I really am not a good swimmer and the run was pretty tough on this still running tender guy. Needless to say I'm still sore today.
Noah had a great race - smoking the swim with the fastest time of the day and also one of the fastest runs. He had a great bike and just needs some more time to develop power and some brick work too for that transition off the bike into the run. He ended up 4th overall and I was 5th. Proud of him. All in all a pretty good day.

No comments:
Post a Comment