Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hills Yeah

Bob Kerry Pedestrian bridge

Busy Weekend for the Burkes. Noah had a Swim meet in Omaha both days, D1 Championships @ UNO. He got to swim in 4 relays with the Teammates. He's in lane one...dumb camera phone takes bad pictures.



After Noah's first race there was a 3 hr break in between so I took advantage and went for a run in Omaha. I'll tell you what...Omaha is hilly. Oh I knew it was hilly, but its HILLY. Ran from UNO to Iowa...Just so I could say I ran to Iowa...had to say it...Been wanting to check out the Bob Kerry pedestrian bridge anyway so I made that my destination. That was a tough run...My legs were cooked from running this week with the Y gang so the uphills and downhills both hurt the tired legs. The bridge is really cool though, glad I did it. I know it took some flax for being a Pork Barrel project, but you know what...Omaha has been cleaning up the river front down there and this project gave it some zing. Both sides of the Bridge are working on development with trails running on either side of the Missouri levee. The Omaha side has some sweet apartments up right along the river that are nice looking, along with the National Park Midwestern Headquarters newly built right there too. I was impressed...Would be kind of cool living down there.




Today, with my wife taking over the shuttle duties for Noah's swim meet to Omaha, I met PC and we rode out to the Jim Craig's Angry Cow Enduro in Panama. It was fun...And PLENTY hard. In the end Chapman pipped me in the sprint ( this is getting to be a habit ) and James B rolled in for 3rd, followed by the Monkey Industries team (what?) of TK, CS, Trevor and JessieP. Those guys rode in the Team Category, while, PC, Blake and I did the Solo gig. The Team guys were kind enough to hang back so the drama could unfold for our 3 man solo category sprint coming into Panama.
Beautiful day, long ride what more you could ask? Jim C. had some sweet little twists on the way with a creek crossing in StageCoach, plus some other single track there, plus some new sections in Wagon Train for just a taste of sweet juicy single track flavored with lots o gravel.

Panama Fire House...Nice of them to let Us use the place to hang out after the race.



Weather looks good this week...Wednesday Night Worlds? Maybe...

No comments: