
Potential first race of the season. Kind of depends what we (the kids and I) decide to do over Spring Break. One thing for sure...there's no place for Jr's and real beginners based on this format.
Don't get me wrong. I've been politicking for a more simplified race structure for years. For some reason everyone thinks there needs to be a Masters category. ((75% percent(I'd have to look at the numbers again...I might be exaggerating, but I don't think so.) of the licensed riders her in NE are Masters age...35 and over.)) We don't need Masters races here ( I know this will make me a bad guy)...But we don't. We don't have the ridership. By having masters races, it only detracts from the open race, makes the fields smaller, and creates negative racing when you combine fields with separate payouts within a race. We've tried different things, but it doesn't work...IE paying Cat 3's bonus's within an open race, or same for masters. I'm leaning more towards how they do running races all the time. You can look it up at Lincoln Track clubs web site. http://www.lincolnrun.org/ The gist of it is all age groups are awarded 3 places within the race. This keeps everyone racing for first and not worrying about how old everyone is...for the most part.
Anyway, I just wanted to complement the layout of this race...an A race and a B race, so much more simple and this should create some larger fields which will make things better all the way around. Like I said above though, they don't appear to think about the women, or the Jr's and if we are going to grow cycling, WE need to think about theses things. This could be accomplished by adding a one lap race for Jr's, and paying 3 places for women in the A and B race.

2 comments:
holy crap. the twin bing classic. i remember winning some primes at that crit once ... a case of coke, a pizza from dominoes (closed on sundays, doh!!), and of course a case of twin bings.
man, i do not like cherry mash.
Wonder what the connection between Palmer Candy co. and cycling has been up there for so many years...
Post a Comment