Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Yin Yang of it

Magic Hour - I believe this is what photographers call the 1 hr before the sun goes down, and the 1 hr right after the sun comes up. Makes for great light, one of the reasons I like early morning and evening rides. Everything takes on a special hue.

Tonight the first Wednesday Night Worlds, folks came out with some fire power...Except me, felt like I was pedaling squares a wake up call to spend more time on the bike.

Contortion is defined as the twisting of something, especially a part of the body, or a complex maneuvering or manipulation of something - Encarta Dictionary.

This came to mind as I was burying my head in my stem sitting on the rivet, ((nose of the saddle)(Phil Leggit quote)), trying to get as low as Voom Voom Vondracek and Super Ron Nelson, and future Joy Ride owner DK as we were chasing JT, Captain Marc, and PoolBoy who was absolutely flying. The yin yang, push - give, comfort - pain, sweet spot - contortion.

Yep...contortion. Think I'll go stretch now to see if I can get my neck to loosened up so I can look down. Hopefully there's no permanent damage...

2 comments:

TP said...

Same thing down here for the Tuesday crit, the big gun were flying. 25.5mph after half a cool down lap for a 45 min race. That's what the pack had and we got lapped by the break!

bryan said...

dude, nobody gets as low as Vondracek. It's pretty amazing to watch.